Please always ask your artist to give you personalized aftercare.
• Leave your bandage on until told by your artist (If you have second skin, please see bullet point below)
We typically recommend that you leave your bandage on for 4-24 hours. Your artist knows which length of time is best. DO NOT RE-BANDAGE YOUR TATTOO.
• If you have a second skin on, follow your artist’s guidelines on when to take it off. We recommend taking it off in the shower or with coconut oil around the edges. If there is a major buildup of fluid under the second skin, take it off and follow the instructions on this page. You can shower with your second skin, but don’t emerge it in water (swimming, taking a bath).
• Wash your tattoo after removing the bandage
Wash your hands well, and carefully remove the bandage. Wash your tattoo by gently patting and brushing off warm water and fragrance-free liquid soap. This removes any dried blood and aftercare ointment your artist applied. Use a clean paper towel to dry your tattoo by gently patting it. Continue to do this for 2 weeks after being tattooed, at least twice a day.
• After 2-3 days, begin applying lotion to your tattoo.
After cleansing and drying your tattoo, apply a very thin layer of an unscented lotion. Your artist can give you recommendations. Continue to do this for 4 weeks.
• Your tattoo will scab and flake, DO NOT PICK IT.
Picking at your tattoo can cause fading and increase the chance of an infection. If your tattoo itches, slap it, NEVER scratch it.
• Do NOT expose your new tattoo to the sun
Keep your new tattoo covered with a clean article of clothing.
• Stay away from water
Do NOT submerge/soak your tattoo for AT LEAST 2 weeks. No swimming or taking baths. In the shower, let the water gently brush off of your tattoo, don’t leave it directly under the water for too long.
• Do NOT let anyone touch your new tattoo, and make sure you are only touching it with clean hands
Anything that touches your tattoo (sheets, clothing, skin, etc.) should be freshly clean. Wash your tattoo directly after any contact with contaminated areas.
• Keep your new tattoo away from any pets/animals. Wash your tattoo with unscented liquid soap and dry with a clean towel if you make contact with a pet/animal on the tattoo site.
• Continue to keep your tattoo happy, even after its healed
Always wear sun lotion, and keep the tattoo moisturized.